About Our Agency
The National Parkinson Foundation Ohio Chapter is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing support to individuals and families affected by Parkinson's disease through support groups, education, awareness, and the support of research.
The National Parkinson Foundation Ohio Chapter was founded in 1980 to assist patients and their families in gaining information about Parkinson’s Disease (PD). The Society supports a network of support groups located throughout 33 counties in the Central and Southeast areas of Ohio. The goals of the Society are to:
- Provide services and information that benefit the Parkinson’s community; patients, families and medical professionals;
- Provide support to local communities to establish support groups;
- Increase awareness of PD signs and symptoms, issues that impact the Disease and be a resource for communities within Ohio.
- We value INTEGRITY by acting with transparency and follow-through in an ethical manner.
- We value PARTNERSHIPS by continually engaging all who are connected to the Parkinson's community.
- We value QUALITY by ensuring that our services, information, education, and events provide value and excellence in order to improve the lives of people touched by Parkison's.
- We value COMPASSION by offering support and acting with empathy toward the individuals and families who are living with this disease every single day.
New patient packets for recently diagnosed patients
Symposia that feature specialists in Parkinson's Disease
Monthly newsletter, the Parkinson News
We sponsor the activities of over 25 support groups in central and southeast Ohio.
We offer free classes in:
Delay the Disease Exercise
The National Parkinson Foundation Ohio Chapter is governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees. The Board currently has 10 members, and they do not receive compensation for services rendered to the organization. The Board holds meetings on the third Thursday of each month. Meetings are open to the public. Please contact the office for additional information.